Why, didn't you stay?

I am not the way I used to be

I am stronger and wiser as you can see,

Remember my words, my father once said

As he cradled me up and put me to bed,

You will someday grow up with a life of your own

With someone to love you as I have shown,

I will always be here to lend a hand

To help and guide you when you don't understand,

I believed the words he said to me

but he was not the father he promised to be,

He became a man that did not care

unknown to what I’d become, because he wasn’t there,

I often cry myself to sleep

My father’s love was not mine to keep,

I miss my father, I won't lie

Not a single hug or one last goodbye,

If I’d known that his heart was not content

Could I have worked out what he said, and what he meant

He is now just a man, free to roam

Not worrying of his family or coming home,

He walked out of my life and never turned my way

Oh why dad, why, didn't you stay?

No comments:

Post a Comment