The Father's Faith in His Daughter







Faith

My sister was lost but my father never gave up on her. She may not have even known it but his prayers and faith in her may have been the very thing she needed.
I remember sitting at the family dinner table where everyone had gathered except my sister. Once again she had chosen to drink with friends instead of spending an evening with our family who loved her very much. We all said she would not come. But my father said she would. We all rallied against him, betting she would not show and asked why he would say that. We were convinced he was in denial. He simply said, "I will always bet on her, on all of you."
She did not show up that night but today she is a beautiful mother to a baby girl and has another on the way. She is a loving and responsible mother, wife and teacher. I always remember that night. I believe our father's bet on all of us was the greatest gift we never knew we received.

No comments:

Post a Comment